Sunday, July 1, 2012

Done!

Towards the end of my quest, I grew disinterested in writing about my endeavors. I felt that I had already exhausted every interesting topic I could think of, and to have continued to write would have produced meaningless garbage.

However, I did pursue my goal to the very end, and on Saturday June 30, the last day, I logged my 1000th hour of practice. Sadly, it was not nearly as exciting a moment as I had hoped it would be; somewhere along the line it became fairly obvious that I would succeed, and it became a matter of turning the crank rather than pushing myself. In any case, I'm glad I did the quest, as I am a stronger musician and person because of it. There are days now when I miss the strong sense of purpose I had during the quest; perhaps a second round is in order...?

No comments:

Post a Comment